A4 Seat Upgrade

richa4

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got manually operated sports seats in my A4, which i find uncomfortable on long trips as I'm really tall, and the bit you sit on (squab??!) doesnt support my legs properly.

Does anyone know if I can swap the manual seats straight for electric ones? I understand that you can adjust the seat bottom forward and back on the electric ones which might cure the problem. Would they just plug straight in to the existing plug underneath the seats (which i guess is there for the airbags in my seats)?

If not has anyone got any other bright ideas? Would A6 seats fit? I guess they should be a bit bigger!

Thanks in advance guys,

Rich

No & no I'm afraid. Audi's aren't prewired for anything that's not fitted as standard. I changed the whole interior in my A4 (B6) and there were spare slots for additional connectors for full electric seats, fortunately the leather/alcantara seats weren't electric apart from the lumbar support (which is standard on the B6), so it was a straight swap.
A6 won't fit as the rails are diffferent

Cheers guys.

Can't afford new Recaros tubtub so guess i'll have to stick with my folded-up pillow for now...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

auto-seat.jpg

Cheap seats
Cobra

There are lots more even Recaro replicas on ebay for around £400

hi , first post here btw

£250 quid for the pair thats a pretty good price huh.

might end up being one of my first mods seeing as my driver seat is badly worn.