1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Remote Central Locking Problem

inigoj Mar 18, 2005

1. inigoj

inigoj Member

Hi, I recently bought a 97 R reg A4 TDI 110 with delta (groan), it did not come with keyless entry. After browsing the forum i decided to try and upgrade to flick key and remote central locking. The original pump was 8L0 862 257A, bought a new 8L0 862 257G on E-bay and a flick key, i installed the pump first to see if it worked, locking and windows worked on key but alarm no longer functioned. When i connected vag-com the code was 13130, i changed code to12264, locks, windows, autolock and alarm work, but cant seem to get remote to function? Do I have to delete all error codes first? Drivers airbag is also disconnected, got a warning light on dash. What am i doing wrong? Is it the wrong pump?

2. audi5e

audi5e Member

I am not too sure on this, but think the alarm has to be reprogrammed to accept/recognise the extra parts??? (very much under correction here)

3. inigoj

inigoj Member

Ah, think I have found the problem. I think the remote key fob is much to new for my central locking pump. Remote part No 'HLO 8P0 837 231' 3 buton flick key, 434mhz. In vag-com, cent locks, measuring block 3, there is no change to the fourth reading '0000'
    which changes when any audi remote is pressed near the car. I will try an older remote. Lol

4. audi5e

audi5e Member

:)

5. darby7

darby7 Member

hi
    i'd like to do the same alarm upgrade to my 1.9tdi 110.
    please let me know how you have got on so i can search ebay for the correct bits i need.
    thanks

6. simong

simong New Member

I'd like to do this also to my A4 Avant 1.9TDiQ, can someone write a script on what to do here as I'm quite new to Audi technology.

Jim.

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

TBH you're much better off getting a decent alarm immobiliser fitted (aftermarket). This will tie in with the Audi central locking giving you full closure on a single blip.
    If you go CAT1 approved it will also reduce your insurance. The Audi system is cr@p so spending more time & money getting it to work remotely is godd money after bad.