1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 rear speakers not working after stereo install.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by burnzdog, Dec 4, 2012.

1. burnzdog

burnzdog New Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    Hi All,

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, I have just installed a sony stereo in my 02 audi A4 but now the rear speakers dont work. I know this is a common problem but I would like to know whether this is a easy fix? Stereo is a MEX-BT3900U.

Im using the loom that came with the stereo although I had to *******ise it slightly to add both the Yellow and Red cable from the audi to the red going into the Sony.

Help greatly appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Emmo

Emmo Member

[Dec 4, 2012]
    You will need an autoleads adaptor loom. The back speakers are amped and without the loom, the factory amp/sub wont turn on hence no sound from the rear speakers.
    You will also need an aerial booster or your radio reception will be rubbish.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 5, 2012]
    and you'll need to fade to rear quite a bit to balance the sound as you will now have over twice as much power going to the fronts from the sony