1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Radio facia kit single din

Discussion in 'A4/S/RS Parts' started by ei2gfb, Dec 27, 2013.

1. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

looking for the part number and price for the single din radio facia kit for an a4 b6, this is the facia kit with chrome trim along the top
  2. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Hi

what do you mean about the kit
    Which parts do you need, as we do not list a kit for this

Dave
  3. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

its just the fascia that you would use when you fit a single din radio to blank the spaces left from removing the original, i know that the audi genuine part has a chrome trim strip along the top
  4. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

No I think you remove the radio, switches, cupholder any other parts around the radio
    Then replace the cage the radio sits in, re-fit everything.

as what happens is that the single din radio mounting moves everything upto the switches and you have a gap near the bottom
    for a storage compartment.

I may be wrong, best bet is to search the forum for somebody that has done this

Dave
  5. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

no one seems to grasp im changing the standard single din for an alpine single din radio, you are thinking of double din basically its the offical audi part of this AUDI A3 2000-2003 SINGLE DIN FASCIA FACIA KIT CT24AU07 | eBay
  6. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

Ah-Ha

you mean radio end blanking trim
    £17.20 inc vat

Dave
  7. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

i appreciate your time and patience however i still dotn think we are on the same page, it needs to be like the fascia i posted from ebay but have a chrome strip along top i have seen them fitted before they are a genuine audi part but i cant find a part number anywere and no one has helped on the forums
  8. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

The part I have quoted for is from ETKA, it is a trim for fitting a smaller width single din unit into
    where the original Audi radio fits.
    It is the only one available, but does not state if it has a chrome trim or not.
    It is a similar shape to the link you sent, but all the trim is for is covering the gaps at the end for when you fit a smaller width radio into where the original radio fits, there is no upper or lower blanking trim.
    That is why dealers usually know it has a "radio end blanking trim"