A4 Quattro Sport - couple of questions.

Fifequattro

Reaction score
Hi folks - picked up my 01 A4 1.8t Quattro Sport about a week ago now and loving it so far:cool:- there have been a couple of faults that have developed since I got the car. The fuel gauge appears to be sticking, it just rests wherever it likes when I turn the car on and off, what can I do to rectify this?. The passenger side electric window doesnt work. I have checked the fuse and thats ok so what else could it be?. And, not a problem as such, but, my car doesnt have the buttons at the end of the window wiper stalk that let you flick between displays in the onboard computer. The owners manual seems to suggest it should have, but obviously not! I take it its just certain models of the car that were fitted with them?

Thanks for any input guys, much appreciated :sm4:

Last edited:
Now then and welcome to the club

Not sure about your fuel guage but a good place to start would be the sender i would say.

and probably iether a window switch or motor would sort the window.

Not all cars are fitted with the DIS computer which is controlled via the wiper stalk but it is a relatively easy retro fit involving a new stalk and having it enabled using vag-com software. there are quite a lot of people on here who will gladly offer advise

I have the same issue with No DIS controls. Does anyone have the correct part number for the relevent wiper stalk?

I can't help you with the part number, but I'm sure someone on here can. Just be aware that the saloon/avant are different because of the rear wiper.

Fifequattro
for the guage did you check the float in the tank very easy to get at and i would have thought it would be that more so than the clock sticking.

Fifequattro
for the guage did you check the float in the tank very easy to get at and i would have thought it would be that more so than the clock sticking.

Thanks guys - how do I access the float m8, where is it located? and what am I looking for? (sorry not so good with car diy ;-)

its in your boot under the carpet on the right hand side by the back of the seat there is a black panel 3 screws.
and under that you will see the top part of the tank with a big screw top like 8ins round this will be stiff to undo and there are some power plugs on it.
but when you undo it be sure to lift it out slowly so you dont brake it and there it is

Thanks guys - if I hooked the car up to vag-com would it tell me exactly whats up with the fuel gauge and the electric window?