A4 Quattro 3.0 V6

Jay_v_uk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping to purchase the above car in a few months, hopefully a 2004 reg one and just wanted to see if there were any owners of this model and how you have found it, also on servicing costs. I know Audi have a set price now but that only covers up to 2.0l models.
Is the power ok for you, I used to own a EP3 Civic type R, I'm not expecting the A4 to be a full on sports car but I would like to know how it handles and how it puts down the power.

Thanks
Jay

Had mine about three months now not the fastest thing on the planet but does handle realy well , you need to sort out the the exhaust system ,as it is defo to quiet ,friend owns an exhaust company in scotland he built a system for me based on the Miltek ,and i must admit it sounds sweet , apart from that its a thirsty git ,but hey its a v6 LoL

I've just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Mine's got a few niggles but its a lovely solid drive but would agree with edthebal that its not the quickest thing out there, tis a heavy car after all. Think i'll use it as a dry run for an S4 ;)

Had mine for a while now. Problem free apart from a failed coil pack which is pretty much a given at some stage with any Audi it seems. Its a great ride with sufficient (not that there is ever enough really!) power so that when fully loaded its not affected much. If you are after a fast car then start at the S4/RS4, having said that, get this on a windy road where its down to handling and speed is second, it is ****** good fun as it has loads of torque. Exhaust note is awesome with the Milltek and you get about 8-10mpg more than the S4 (thats only based on my weekend test drive of an S4 which is not conducive to driving like a nanna!).

Personally if you can afford the fuel I would go with an S4 but the is V6 is capable happy compromise........ UK fuel prices make me mad....I am getting wound up just thinking about them!:motz:

When I eventually move back to NZ where the Government isn't quite as ruthless with fuel tax, an RS4 will be the first thing on the shopping list..... :wub: