1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 owners - do this today and save yourself over £150!

quattrojames Nov 19, 2009

1. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I did suggest using a silicone based lubricant......

I'm sure that the GT85 will largely evaporate in a day or so and it will stiffen up again. So to speak.

2. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing Supporter

yeah noticed that you mentioned the silicon after posting james! :sorry:
    been looking on the bay and i can get a tube of silicon grease for around £3 so will get some of that and give it a whirl!

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Never a bad time to stop your glovebox hinge breaking!

4. TeezAudiA4

TeezAudiA4 New Member

Fyi, brought my new B6 A4 TDi Sport last month with the broken glove box bracket and just repaired it in a similar fashion to other on here with a bit of bent metal and some self taping screws plus Super glue (special for plastic type) and brought a new 'comfort' actuator. (called 54H02 Brake p/n: A8E2 880 324)

Cost £23.34 from local Audi dealer who know what it was as was the third that day he'd sold.

P.s. according to the Elsawin software I have, this is a known fault (although not a warrenty claim) and a replacement part (new one is) should be marked '09S'. Mine was originally '08S', the one that seized up.

Trev.

SmoothAssault likes this.