A4 Key Fob - Battery's Dead

btcc2000

Reaction score
The battery has died in one of my key fob's, can i just replace the battery or will it need programming by Audi?

You can just replace the batteries, i think it has 2.
If the remote does not work straight away, use the key to enter the car and start it, it will recode itself. Mine did.

As far as I can see there is only one battery which I have replaced. Suggested what you said about reprogramming it but nope, still doesnt work. Do I need to get it done at Audi??

Does it start the car though as immo system & locking system are different on the key anyway, if it starts car still then its a locking reprogram you need which can be achieved with vagcom or if the remotes screwed then replacement key.

Does it start the car though as immo system & locking system are different on the key anyway, if it starts car still then its a locking reprogram you need which can be achieved with vagcom or if the remotes screwed then replacement key.

Hi, thanks for the message. Yea it starts the car okay. What do you mean via vagcom? Someone who has one of those computer wizardry things?

Yeah vagcom cable & software, I have it & there's a list of users on the 8L sticky section who have in areas who'd help, if you would like to do things with your car like locking, windows & many more things & read the cars modules occassionally to make sure no faults thrown up then its invaluable, I sell the genuine cables, but if you just want for one time key reprogram then find someone with it locally.

Yeah vagcom cable & software, I have it & there's a list of users on the 8L sticky section who have in areas who'd help, if you would like to do things with your car like locking, windows & many more things & read the cars modules occassionally to make sure no faults thrown up then its invaluable, I sell the genuine cables, but if you just want for one time key reprogram then find someone with it locally.
How much is the cable and do you have the software?