1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 instrument cluster problems........ common?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dachtor, Oct 4, 2003.

1. dachtor

dachtor New Member

[Oct 4, 2003]
    Hello,

I'm new here, but I own an Audi A4 and I need help. My speedo and odometer quit working not too long ago. I took it to my mechanic and the codes he was getting stated that the speed sensor was bad. After replacing that, it still did not fix the problem. My mechanic suggested that it could be the instrument cluster. Not wanting to pay the $600+ dollars for a new one, I found a used one for $200. After picking that one up and taking it to my mechanic, it was determined that the new/used one was also bad as it did not light up at all.

I was wonder if anyone here has had experience with this problem on an A4? Is it fairly common? Do you know where I can find a new one at a good price? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. excursion

excursion Member

[Oct 4, 2003]
    Sorry but the all clusters I've dealt with have been spot on. The only common problem is that DIS can fade.

Check the connection pins, it's highly unlikely but the wires could be coming away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif