1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Headlights were pants....

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Huwbert, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Huwbert

Huwbert New Member

[Oct 11, 2009]
    I have the standard non hid headlights and was considering buying hids, but couldn't justify splashing out on them at the moment(yes, i know they're not that expensive!). So i popped into halfrauds to get some decent bulbs, just to keep me going for the time being. I ended up buying some of their Extreme Brilliance bulbs ('Xenon gas technology for up to 90% more light!' part no. 477EB if you're interested) and i can say it's well worth doing. They light the road up just like hids.

They're not cheap at £24.95 each! but they are buy one get one free at the moment so fill yer boots!:happy:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Oct 11, 2009]
    Another £30 odd would have got you some hids with slim Ballasts Fella!!
    ...come on now, dont be a tight git, treat the 4rings to some pleasure!!:respekt:
  4. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

[Oct 11, 2009]
    When you get proper HID's you'll realise what you've been missing. Halogen bulbs don't come close to the light output from a good 4300k xenon kit. The kits are around £60 so I think you've wasted your money a bit .:think:
  5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Oct 12, 2009]
    im so glad my ride has the mega bright expensive bulbs in!
  6. Huwbert

Huwbert New Member

[Oct 13, 2009]
    Yes, yes, maybe i should have got HIDS, but come on, credit crunch and all that! I've had HIDS before so i know what they're like and the light from these bulbs is very similar. Ok, so they're never going to be as good, but they're not far off and i'm merely pointing out that there is an alternative for others wanting better lights.:idea:

Btw, i don't work for halfords!