A4 Fuses ?

phils4s

Reaction score
Hi, at present I have my dash cam connected to a piggyback fuse into a fuse behind the panel on the end of the dash board ( passenger side, uk car ) This is permanently +12v so camera is on all the time but I want to alter this to come on & off with ignition but I've checked all the fuses with a multi meter they all seem to be permanently +12v, I can't believe that all these circuits are live all the time so am I missing something ?
I know on my previous BMW X5 the electrics took a while to go to 'sleep' after the car was locked, is the Audi likely to be the same ?
I'd appreciate any help or if someone could point me to a fuse that is ignition controlled, I'd prefer to use the fuse piggy back as I don't want to be cutting into the wiring loom.
Cheers, Phil.

on the drivers side, there is a slot for the reverse wiper which is switched and is pinned on a saloon. i just installed mine into there today.

it is the right hand side fuse holder, and then the ones which are vertical, it is the top one.

There are definitely ignition switched lives in there, check with the ignition key out the slot.

I didn't have the key in, I obviously had the car un-locked & I checked each fuse with a multi-meter & all where showing +12v, I'll have another look today. I just wondered if they maybe stayed live until the car was shut & locked or maybe went to sleep after a certain amount of time.
I thought it would be unusual for them to be live all the time.

You need to use the multi metre to check for which side of the fuse is dead when the key is out

Just run it to the other side and use the slot I suggested, easy!

I used the drivers side for my dashcam and speed camera warning supply.