1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 front bumper removal......

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Nessy, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Can anybody tell me please what type of fixing/size the 2 bolts/pins are that hold the front bumper cover to the body on the A4......
    Hopefully this weekend I'll be fitting my facelift foglamp-equipped front bumper but need to make sure I have the correct tools......
    Think its a Torx fitting (though could be wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) ,though not sure of size....

Thanks

Paul

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

Its a torx thingy isnt it?? Let me know how the 99.5 bumper mounts to the original mounts mate, as i will be doing the same at the end of the month when i get my kit sprayed.

I will go check the size and post back

EDIT Tx40 matey

4. CraigM

CraigM Member

5. From what i remember, i had the front bumper off my car when i had to change the alternator belt. I think it's either a T40 or e T45 bit that you need. You have to take the bottom grills off to reveal the torx bolts.

6. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Thanks very much for all the info everybody, 'tis much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
    Once I've done the swap I'll post how it went.....

7. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

As a little post-note, whilst the bolts that hold the shock-absorber-bumper thing to the front subframe are indeed Torx fastenings (which I didn't touch), to undo the bumper cover itself a 6mm hex key is needed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif