1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Foresight

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by me_fallit, Apr 30, 2004.

1. me_fallit

me_fallit New Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Well I'm kinda looking for some informative persuasion. I'm looking to buy a new car in the next few months and have been doing alot of research lately. I'm down to a Maxima, Acura TL 3.2, and an Audi A4 1.8t quattro(~1999-2001). I am a bit curious of:
    How reliable of an automobile it is?
    The cost to get the lacking HP's into the 200's?
    How difficult is it to perform the mechanical maintenance DIY?
    From what I have read, it seems that reliability is unknown due to the fact that it is a newer line, and rather costly to maintain.

Thank you.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. godwine

godwine Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    Tha maxima probably is the fastest among that group. But both Nissan and Acura will NOT come close to the Audi for Performance, Comfort and Luxurious option. "Audi_A4_Quattro " is right, the chip alone will give you the power you need. I you will probably need a new DV as well, but the exhaust and the intake you can skip.
  4. godwine

godwine Member

[Apr 30, 2004]
    The sport package is not an absolute must. Sport or not make no difference. Generic turbo lask about 100K, but if you take care of it (Proper caring, regular oil change, let it spin down before you shut off etc etc), you can probably go 150K without servicing.... As for modding, you only have a few options, I mean you could go with a Turbo upgrade kit, but I think that will cost quite a bit... maybe get the KO3 changed with a KO3S or even a KO4
  5. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

[May 1, 2004]
    I would go with the K04 or even the GT28(www.evoms.com). Reason, it will allow more room(hp) for future mods