1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 exhaust system

momo_89 Feb 28, 2008

1. momo_89

momo_89 New Member

Hi there, I'm soon acquiring a 2002 a4 1.8T. I really don't know much about tuning cars, The car hasn't had anything insatalled it's just a stock a4 and it has around 165 bhp I think, not really sure.
    I would like to change the exhaust system to increase bhp and to improve the sound and I'm looking to spend the less possible, what do you suggest I install?
    thanks

2. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

Forget the exhaust for now. Get a remap first.

3. pav-g

pav-g Member

Talking of remaps - anyone got experience of using Awesome in Manchester. Considering remapping my 190 and they seem to be closest to me.

4. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Ive spoken to a few guys over on the VWAudi forum and they have used Awesome without any Probs, Very helpful aswell.

Pav, just get it done mate, Its a must!!

5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Im with golf on this one!!

...and you think it'll stop there!!!:no:

6. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

Pav, I can't believe you still haven't had yours remapped! What are you waiting for? It's essential on any 1.8T engine, when you get it done you'll wonder why you didn't sooner. Get it done daft lad!

7. james0808

james0808 Active Member

I drove an S3 which was remapped at Awesome and it was very nice,pulled all the way through the revs,a massive improvement over a standard one.

8. pav-g

pav-g Member

Its not a matter of why but where from.... gonna give awesome a call and see what they can do.

9. Niknak

Niknak Member

I have used Awesome for various items, very professonal service but a bit steep on the old £'s

10. pav-g

pav-g Member

Thanks guys for the reassurance - ive got wednesday booked off work so gonna arrange an apt for a remap, air filter etc i'll let you know how it goes

11. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Sarah is the person to deal with, many of the Briskoda guys have had many good dealings with her.

12. kern 03 audi 1.8t Q

kern 03 audi 1.8t Q neutral

i had the remap done about a month ago and am also looking into an exhaust...any ideas...?:think:

13. AwesomeSarah

AwesomeSarah Member

Ooh thank you
    We sell Milltek exhausts at 10% less the Milltek retail price ;)
    Sarah