1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Cut Out Won't Start.

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Barry#1, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Barry#1

Barry#1 In The Pit Lane

[Dec 27, 2010]
    My A4 Tdi 130 Sport cut out on me as i was driving then wouldn't start again, so had it towed home. Was turning over ok but not firing up. Got my uncle to check it in his garage and he says it's coming up with 4 faults, not got the codes as it was xmas eve and he was about to finish. He's not back in till Jan 10th so av no car till then :(

Anyone have any idea what it could be, or would i need the fault codes to find out what the problem is. Been told it's not the pump cos that doesn't show a fault code, that right?
    Could it possibly be an injector fault?

As i said am looking for possibilities of what it could be so i have an idea before he reopens on Jan 10th.

Cheers guys

Barry
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. markA4tdi

markA4tdi markA4tdi

[Dec 27, 2010]
    when you say it cut out, was there any hesitation, spluttering before hand?? any warning lights or noises when it happened?... need more info, plus it may sound blindingly obvious but you have plenty of fuel in? (sometimes the guage will tell you theres fuel but you never know!)
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Dec 27, 2010]
    come on no one on here can say what it could be
    get some codes