A4 convertible arial fault

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi all, when my 2003 A4 convertible was in for a new key at Audi I asked them to check why my radio reception was intermittent, they did a diagnostic and came back with "using Audi guided fault finding & identified open circuit in wiring at tailgate.requires new aerial wiring" I believe that he mentioned a rear section of wiring requires to be replaced.

Has anyone got any experience on changing this wire themselves or even how to fix the wire. I do not have any idea were the arial is in the car....

Thank you

Easy enough to cut out the broken wire from the loom and solder in a replacement.
You just need to gain access to the wring loom and identify the broken section - normally around the hinge/flex sections or not far from them.

Do you know if the arial is in the boot lid? And is the wire on the left or right hand side?

Aerial Amplifiers (x2) and aerial are located in the plastic boot lid - not sure on cable routing.

A4-B6%20Cab%20Aerial%20Locations-1.jpg

A4-B6%20Cab%20Aerial%20Locations-2.jpg

Last edited:
the cable is broke prob in the rubber from boot to car
left hand side
costs about 35 quid and prety easy to fit
bit fiddly iv done quite a few

Thank you for all of the advice! I hope to have a look tomorrow as long as it is not snowing again!

Hi has the a4 convertible only got areial amplifiers ? Can't seem to find the green circuit board areial??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 274