1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 CAN YOU HELP ME

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_SIR_WHITEY, Sep 5, 2004.

1. imported_SIR_WHITEY

imported_SIR_WHITEY Guest

[Sep 5, 2004]
    HI ALL Im new to this forum, ive got an audi a4 1996 model, I have had this car for two years and have never had a problem with it up until three days ago. The problem ive got is that my indicators lights stay on when I put them on , they will only blink when I do it manually. I have checked all the fuses etc,etc, and everything seems to be o.k! Has anybody got any ideas or could help me in anyway? thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Sep 5, 2004]
    Try checking the relay if there is no clicking noise. Does it clock once, or not at all? I think I am right in saying that it is the hazard button switch. Get a new one and swap it over. The button prizes out, or you can remove your radio and put your finger up behind it to push it out.
  4. imported_SIR_WHITEY

[Sep 5, 2004]
    hi macki there is no clicking noise so do you think its the relay?
  5. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Sep 6, 2004]
    it could quite possibly be. well worth a try as a process of elimination. relay first, then indicator stalk, then bash the dash and wiggle wires!!!!
  6. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Sep 6, 2004]
    It could also be down to other things that use the indicators, e.g. alarm system. You could try unplugging the whole thing in the boot behind the carpet on right hand side to see if that eliminates it being the alarm system.
  7. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[Sep 6, 2004]
    My advice might be stupid but why don't you check if you have any fault codes on Vag-Com??? You never know...

G.
  8. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Sep 6, 2004]
    Not stupid at all!!! Just too easy to do that!!! Well worth a shot doing.
  9. imported_SIR_WHITEY

[Sep 6, 2004]
    hi all you was right it was making one click when I put the indicators on! I flicked the hazard light switch a few times really fast and the problem seems to have gone! Thanks all of you for your help very greatful!!!

IM HAPPY NOW!!!
  10. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Sep 6, 2004]
    Another satisfied member!
  11. imported_dumpvalve

imported_dumpvalve Guest

[Sep 6, 2004]
    That's an amazing bodykit you've got there Sir Whitey. Almost makes the A4 look like a completely different car!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif