A4 Cabs

cejsmith

Reaction score
Hi

I've been looking at A4 cab today and was wondering if any one knows when the face lifted models are coming out. I don't want to buy one and then find it's out of date 5 mins later!!!!!!

As normal the dealer knows nothing!!!!!

Next spring mate..

Lid Lifted On Audi's Fresh Cabrio

Exclusive images in this week's magazine show how Audi's fresh-faced A4 cabrio is shaping up. Due on sale next spring, and the front not only gets the German firm's four-sided chrome grille, but also the A4's distinctive new headlight design. The revamp is completed by a much sharper bumper with integrated fog-lamps. Changes at the rear centre around the new-look light clusters.

The sleek design will help Audi take on fresh competition in the shape of BMW's forthcoming 3-Series CC, which will provide the added versatility of
a folding metal hard-top. The current Beemer outperformed its Audi rival in the sales charts last year, so bosses are keen that the new A4 will boost their market share.

Changes to the Audi's interior will be less noticeable, with only minor trim upgrades bringing the well built cabin up to date. Front passengers will sit on new seats borrowed from the A6, while the centre boss of the steering wheel reflects the shape of the grille.

Under the bonnet, Audi will fit some of its latest engines. These include the 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged unit, along with the powerful 3.2-litre FSI petrol motor. The ageing 1.8-litre turbo powerplant is expected to soldier on in the entry-level model.

However, the 2.5-litre diesel will be dropped, with the acclaimed 201bhp 3.0-litre TDI from the A4 saloon taking its place. This modern oil-burner not only offers improved performance, but is also quieter and more refined - a crucial element in an open-top car.

The high-performance flagship S4 retains its powerful 4.2-litre V8, but there will be no drop-top version of the RS4. A variety of models will come with the quattro all-wheel-drive system, and buyers get the choice of five and six-speed manual and automatic gearboxes. Audi's sequential DSG transmission will also be offered.

Under the skin, the Cabriolet gets the chassis upgrades which have had such a great effect on the saloon's handling. Revised suspension and steering will provide a more involving drive, while a smoother ride quality should allow buyers to opt for large-diameter alloy wheels, without making the ride of their Audi uncomfortable.

Prices have yet to be announced, but aren't likely to increase significantly over the existing model. That means entry-level Cabrio variants will cost around £25,500, while the flagship S4 comes in at approximately £41,500.

link

Dealer reckons you will be able to order by October for the new model.

I wouldn't order a new one now, I have just sold my '04 plate 3.0 sport which had loads of options including Sat Nav + etc.and 17k miles on it for £27k, it is just short of £37k new so prices are not holding as well as they were mainlt because people want a bargin now knowing the new one is about to arrive.

JUst been out in a S4 , seemed very good. Apart from the clutch which seemed a bit weak!!!!

Does anyone know , does the S4 have a clutch problem. Also is £38k a good price from a 05 car with 1000 miles?

Thanks

Here's some spy photos taken months ago on how the B7 cabrio might look like:

800_1.jpg

800_2.jpg