A4 Cabriolet - Window rattle..help...

goodhixy

Reaction score
Happy new year guys - I have a 54 A4 Cabriolet with an annoying rattle from the top of the passenger front window...when the window is fully up I get a very loud rattle..when I put it down by a few mm it stops...I can't see anything obvious...any ideas??

Is the rattle from the top of the window or from inside the door itself? Its probably one of the guides or supports for the window pane giving you the problem, you'll just need to sit in the passenger seat and narrow down the sound location itself. The cabs windows get more use than normal because they have to drop a little every time you open the door, not unlikely to have something wear a little. Are you just about in warranty still though?

Thanks for the reply - it's at the top of the window 'frame'

Have a look at where the window nestles into the roof, there will no doubt be something that is a little loose giving you the rattle. Also, compare the drivers side to passenger side in case a travel guide has fallen out again causing the rattle.

The cabriolet windows are fully adjustable from inside the door skin (just had my door repainted and the bodyshop guy showed me the adjustments available).

I'd get it checked at a dealer for correct alignment if under warranty - if not then the new Haynes manual 'might' cover cabriolet windows ???

Thanks for the responses - got it booked in for tomorrow on it's last day of warranty:icon_thumright:

Hi,

Any joy at the dealer, I have the same noise but I thought it was coming from the passager sunvisor light or in and around that area. feedback would be good before i go totally mad:jump:

Yes, dealer sorted it in 5 mins while I waited - he mentioned something about a silicon gel or something - sorry I can't be more specific...but all fine now

There was a large thread about this some time ago. I know it's fixed but, it's the top seal that runs at the top of the door. Every 6 months apply a good quality rubber/vinyl protector to all the seals and that will keep it at bay. The noise may come back after using silicon grease.

Also, with mine I pulled the window frame outwards too whilst the window was down. An Audi tech told me the solution some years ago. That's of the lubricant alone doesn't help!!!