1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Cab Windscreen Surround

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by niftyandy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. niftyandy

niftyandy Member

[Feb 25, 2010]
    Hi

Anybody know how to get inside the Cab windscreen surround as I have an awful rattle coming from a loose screw or something in there?
    Below 40mp0h its like a Western Union telegraph operator doing his thing and is really getting on my nerves.

I had a new windscreen fitted about 6-8months ago and gained a 'buzz' under hard acceleration just after that. Now its become a rattle as the thing causing the buzz seems to have come loose completely. Its deffo from the upper surround and not from the dash binnacle.
    I need to take the outside cowl off just where the drivers side roof attachment hook goes into it's 'slot'.

Possibly I need to call Autoglass out again as they fitted the screen in the first place but its been so long since they did it not sure if they would.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

[Feb 25, 2010]
    You sure it's not your roof catch ? as I have heard about a few of these causing a rattling sound
  4. niftyandy

niftyandy Member

[Feb 26, 2010]
    No the catch seems solid enough...I think I'll get autoglass back in as it was their fitting that started it...!