A4 Cab - Manual roof override key!!!

jonmassie

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, roof has been working perfectly since I bought my A4 Cabriolet (2003) 18 months ago.

It decides today to only open halfway and freeze, it won't go anywhere.

I've read the manual to find where the manual override key is, only to discover that it's not there (I didn't think of checking when I bought the car).

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement one from urgently?!?!

Thanks in advance.

Or, if you're in the Sutton, Surrey area, would you mind letting me use it for 15 mins?!

The same thing happened to me (regarding the roof) a few months ago.. I looked in the book about the key and for about 4 hours i thought i didn't have one because I was looking in the passenger side (probably the biggest most stupid thing I have ever done as the book is the left-hand drive version). So hopefully you are looking in the fuse box for the key and not the passenger side??

If its not there, then don't go to Audi... During my 4 hour panic I called them and they wanted like £80... You could find one of a breaker? Or the best thing would be just to borrow one... once u've closed it, try the roof again, it may work (mine did and has been working fine since)... then get the diagnostic on it to find out what caused the fault...