1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by qstix, Feb 13, 2008.

1. qstix

qstix New Member

Feb 11, 2008

I'm a newbso please bear with me..

The story is, I used to own a TT, lovely car it was, but made the mistake of going back to BMW, brought an E46 Coupe Auto Sport, and I hate the thing, so want to come back to Audi..

I would like to buy a B7 Cab, but not sure on the options..
    I like the idea of Automatics, but don't like the way they drive, Ie, lack grunt and to juicy..

Like the idea of DSG, which I belive is a manual box, with 2 wet clutches, but can be driven like an Auto, but I also believe they don't do this on the 3 liter diesel A4 Cab, or do they, but just not on the Quattro version. I love quattro, so my problem is, which car do I buy..

I like the economy of the Diesel, What are the other engines like, and are they permanent Quattro, or do they have a Haldex controller like the TT..

Can anyone shed some light on what the non Quattro Cab is like, and if I should consider any other engine, I like the Turbos as they can be easily tuned..

Hope this makes sense..

Cheers in advance..
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Jan 6, 2007
    Non quattro cabriolets are fine and you will have a bigger choice if looking at the 1.8T / 2.0T and 2.4 V6 lumps.
    I've had a non quattro 1.8T sport for a year now and its fine. Quattro was a fairly expensive option of the cabs, hence why a lot a FWD.

There are plenty of S4 cabs around at the moment for silly money. Private dealer sales of 05 and 55 plates can be found for £20k !

The only true way is to test drive them with varying engines and see which ones you like. There are a lot of cabriolets for sale at the moment so there is loads of choice, both in the main dealer network and private sales.