..A4 CAB HELP PLEASE..

qstix

Reaction score
Website
www.dooka.co.uk
Hi all..

I'm a newbso please bear with me..

The story is, I used to own a TT, lovely car it was, but made the mistake of going back to BMW, brought an E46 Coupe Auto Sport, and I hate the thing, so want to come back to Audi..

I would like to buy a B7 Cab, but not sure on the options..
I like the idea of Automatics, but don't like the way they drive, Ie, lack grunt and to juicy..

Like the idea of DSG, which I belive is a manual box, with 2 wet clutches, but can be driven like an Auto, but I also believe they don't do this on the 3 liter diesel A4 Cab, or do they, but just not on the Quattro version. I love quattro, so my problem is, which car do I buy..

I like the economy of the Diesel, What are the other engines like, and are they permanent Quattro, or do they have a Haldex controller like the TT..

Can anyone shed some light on what the non Quattro Cab is like, and if I should consider any other engine, I like the Turbos as they can be easily tuned..

Hope this makes sense..

Cheers in advance..

Non quattro cabriolets are fine and you will have a bigger choice if looking at the 1.8T / 2.0T and 2.4 V6 lumps.
I've had a non quattro 1.8T sport for a year now and its fine. Quattro was a fairly expensive option of the cabs, hence why a lot a FWD.

There are plenty of S4 cabs around at the moment for silly money. Private dealer sales of 05 and 55 plates can be found for £20k !

The only true way is to test drive them with varying engines and see which ones you like. There are a lot of cabriolets for sale at the moment so there is loads of choice, both in the main dealer network and private sales.

Regards,

Andy