1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Cab b6 alarm horn short to ground.

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by Cabbyfan, May 24, 2013.

1. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[May 24, 2013]
    Hi,

had the dreaded alarm siren failure by corroded batteries etc. Fitted a new second hand unit today and still hazards flash but no sound. Scanned with vcds lite and get...

01134 alarm horn h12 29.00 short to ground.

soon as I clear it then it returns.

Im not actually sure it's a fault of if the rechargeable cells inside have to charge up first before I will hear any sound. Does anyone know ?

Many thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 24, 2013]
    Mine worked straight of the bat, so you sure its not a faulty unit again, definitely new unit as second hand & new in same sentence seems contradictive :p
  4. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[May 24, 2013]
    Thanks for the quick reply. It was an ebay job, stated as tested and working but hard to tell. It was listed as for a TT but pared code is identical to the one I removed. I'm wondering if it does need charging up from the car first though.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 24, 2013]
    Well take it for a little run, that will give it a charge, check your coding is correct aswell for horn warnings, then test.
  6. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[May 24, 2013]
    Roger that. Cheers. Will update later.
  7. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Member

[May 26, 2013]
    Well it's been on a 40 mile drive, still no sound only flashing lights. When I scan with vcds lite I get the h22 short to ground, if I unplug the siren I get the no communication error as you would expect. I'm wondering if my ebay purchase is a duffer.