A4 CAB 3.0 V6 MANUAL TUNING.

ROB A4 CAB

Reaction score
Just been on the midland meet rr day.:lmfao: Just wondering where would i be best spending money on the car to up the performance. Obviously brakes first, then what? Exhaust?

Your brakes on a 3.0 cab should be good enough as they are, never owned a 3.0 so can't comment were to start sorry

exhaust then i wouldnt bother
not much to be done to the 3.0 unless you have the funds to charge it

The sky is the limit - it just depends on how much you want to spend.
I'm fairly sure you could probably pay a tuning company to re-profile your cams (high lift).etc but you would need all the supporting mods.etc

thankyou for the advise i think exhaust ( probably milltec? ) and a remap is on the cards in the new year then will see might turn to the interior full leather and sat nav ect

thankyou for the advise i think exhaust ( probably milltec? ) and a remap is on the cards in the new year then will see might turn to the interior full leather and sat nav ect

wise move the 3.0 is a great sounding beast but not greatly tuneable unless you slap a charger to it lol.....you could add drilled or grooved disks but it will be for looks really the 3.0 should have the big brakes anyhows, filter, map, sorts sounds to be the limit before £££££ spent

If you want to go much faster, in reality, keep it stock and start saving your money up to change the car. a 4.2 S4 can be had for £5000 upwards now, there is no way you would get better bang for buck tuning yours to get similar power.

Alternatively a 1.8TQ would be much more tunable and worth ploughing some cash into.

I have had a 3.0 Quattro myself (saloon though) and put an exhaust system on it and a panel filter and a map, and it really isn't worth the money.

thanks inertiauk i have thought of the s4 and rs4 but i have only had the cabby for 6 months and i still love it so maybe an rs4 when i decide to sell, who knows. thanks for the commments everyone