1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 C/locking & E/Window Control Unit Problem

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by Jac, May 23, 2006.

1. Jac

Jac New Member

[May 23, 2006]
    Hi,
    I have an A4 1.8, 97/P reg, that has a problem with the e/w & c/l (they dont work at all). Anyway, I checked in the boot rear 1/4 area and noticed that the control unit for the e/w & c/l was missing. I managed to borrow one from an A3 with the same connectors etc. and it appeared to do the trick...until the indicators & fog light switch on the dash started flashing (silent alarm?). Also, the c/locking stops working once you've closed & opened the doors for the first time.
    If I disconnect & reconnect the unit it seems to be ok until you open & close the doors, then the indicators start flashing again....

Any ideas?

Great site btw!!

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. justin123

justin123 A4 1.8T Quattro (163BHP)

[Oct 30, 2006]
    i would try using the control unit from another A4 mate....
  4. inigoj

inigoj Member

[Oct 30, 2006]
    If you use an 8LO pump with a different suffix (most older A3's were "G" etc) you will need to use VAG-COM or similar to alter the soft coding for your central locking.

I am using an A3 central locking pump in my 97 A4, but had to change the coding before everything worked correctly.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html