1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 black edition alloy advice needed!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Rpleeuk, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Rpleeuk

Rpleeuk New Member

EVening all,

Hope someone can help clear this up for me. I'm very cautious with which alloy cleaner I use, as the black edition alloys are not normal, they are Anthracite high gloss turned finish.

Any advice would be very much welcome about the best alloy cleaner to use.

Cheers all!
  2. rizo9

rizo9 Member

i am waiting for delivery of my new audi a4 black edition, i am opting for a wheel sealant by Gtechniq called C5, this will protect the wheels from all the contaminants from sticking and just allow them to be washed with your normal soapy water.
  3. Rpleeuk

Rpleeuk New Member

Hey,

Thanks! I shall google it and have a read! I use uutoglym wheel cleaner at the moment and honestly it's not great. It's the one thing autoglym disappoint me with, the rest of their products are fantastic
  4. Audi Dynamik

Audi Dynamik Well-Known Member

Wonder Wheels should be alright , i use it on my Dynamik Wheels and its fine,
    Hope this helps :)
  5. longp2

longp2 Member

I use bilberry wheel cleaner, awesome stuff and ph neutral. Wonder wheels is, in my opinion, too strong and I wouldn't put it anywhere near my wheels.
    Wheel sealants are good but the don't last forever so you'll still need a decent cleaner to use from time to time. Iron-x is also an excellent product and can also be used on panels to remove contaminants.
  6. Daggerit

Daggerit Active Member

I use Bilberry as well and it's really good at removing stubborn stuff from your wheels. Smells awesome as well! ;)
  7. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

i use snowfoam
  8. rizo9

rizo9 Member

wonder wheels is too strong, a decent sealant and wash with shampoo should be all that is needed, if there is stubborn dirt then a bit of ph neutral wheel cleaner, i personally don't like bilbery as this corroded my centre caps on my VXR.
  9. longp2

longp2 Member

I'll keep an eye on mine. I tend to dilute to about 5/6 to 1 and haven't had any problems yet.
  10. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

I have found that bilberry doesnt do much, and have a gallon of the stuff in the shed collecting spider webs.Now Iron-x on the other hand is the best product ive used.Theres a new one that has a tar remover in it which makes it even better.Trouble is it dont half stink.Great on the body work too, gets rid of a lot of iron contamination.
  11. longp2

longp2 Member

Interesting, I love bilberry but then I haven't tried it on really dirty wheels yet.