A4 B8 door handle illumination

Kevin_w90

Kevin
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram or know which pins the interior door handle lights for an a4 b8.5 plug into? Successfully fitting the vent illumination a couple of weeks back so looking to do the door handles as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If anyone is interested in doing this mod the pins are as follows (my car is a a4 avant b8.5 (2013).

Front doors (driver and passenger)..... Positive + to pin 3 of the 32 pin connector block (blue). Negative - to be spliced into the wire already occupying pin 5 of the same 32 pin connector

Rear doors (driver side and passenger side) ... Positive + to pin 1 of the 16 pin connector block (easy way know which one it is.. the one that the electric window switch wires go to... note not the motor wires... they go to another plug in the same module). Negative to be spliced into the wire already occupying pin 13 of the same connector block.

I am going to do the coding tomorrow. If anyone is interested I could post up a guide on the whole mod start to finish since I still have my door cards off. If you can manage to source a few good door handles with lights built in or cut holes in your own its a relatively cheap and easy mod.

Thanks
Kevin

Reactions: Seantdi
You got any project pictures mate really interested in this mod

If anyone is interested in doing this mod the pins are as follows (my car is a a4 avant b8.5 (2013).

Front doors (driver and passenger)..... Positive + to pin 3 of the 32 pin connector block (blue). Negative - to be spliced into the wire already occupying pin 5 of the same 32 pin connector

Rear doors (driver side and passenger side) ... Positive + to pin 1 of the 16 pin connector block (easy way know which one it is.. the one that the electric window switch wires go to... note not the motor wires... they go to another plug in the same module). Negative to be spliced into the wire already occupying pin 13 of the same connector block.

I am going to do the coding tomorrow. If anyone is interested I could post up a guide on the whole mod start to finish since I still have my door cards off. If you can manage to source a few good door handles with lights built in or cut holes in your own its a relatively cheap and easy mod.

Thanks
Kevin
Hi, did you ever do a guide or take pictures of this? Cheers, Jack.