A4 B7 retrofit bluetooth problem pease help!

Dallas

Reaction score
Hi
First timer and got a major hair pulling problem:banghead:, i have retrofitted my 2007 A4 avant s line with an rnse unit that i bought from Tech toys, this fitted a treat but noticed that it is not recognised by Vag Com when i try to connect, but it worked so left it be.
3 weeks later decided to fit a Harman Becker bluetooth kit bought from poland, kit complete with wiring harness and unit, connected ok but when i make a call or recive a call the person at the other end cannot here me. i have tried swopping the mic wires around in the connector on the bluetooth unit but this has made no difference.
I have tried to configure the vehicle with vagcom but it will not connect to can gateway (thought this car would have this) and as i cannot connect to nav i cannot tell the car that it has bluetooth.
My question is have i done something wrong or do i have compatibility issue or do i have a faulty unit.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Dallas.:(

The B7 does not have can gateway (19) only the latest B8 A4 has can gateway. What head unit did you have in the car, as I'm guessing it was the concert 3 or symphony 3, that if that is the case then you will need to move the k-line (diagnostic) and also Bose wire (if you have Bose) Have you coded any of the modules on the car? Instruments, steering wheel if you have MFSW. You also need to correct code the RNS-E and the bluetooth module. There is a massive amount information of coding and moving the k-line & Bose wire, if you cannot find it on here try audiforum.us

Hi
Yes it was a symphony unit, i managed to congure the mfw and instruments but not the rnse or bluetooth, thanks for the info, where can i find the info on k line repositioning please, that might be all i need as i dont have bose.
Thanks Dallas.

Yeap simple fix is to get the KLine connected then it will communicate fine.

That wont fix your mic issues though IMHO, sounds like wiring to me as the mic is directly connected to the BT unit from your posts anyway, check pin locations on the 54 pin BT connector 1st.

Hi NHN
Thanks for the reply, do you know the location the k line should be changed from and to? regarding the mic is it ok that the mis is wired to the BT unit or should i reposition them to the back of rnse unit connector c pins 1 and 7?
Thanks Dallas.

Just check your old radio & your new ones label on top of them which shows the wiring layout of the connectors & then check the loom & move accordingly, simplessssssssssssssssssss

Hi
It would be if i had not allready sold my old symphony unit, any idea whre the k line is positioned in that unit?
Thanks Dallas.
whish it was that simplessssssssssssssss. ha

I posted this information in the navigation section, just do a search on the forum.

Search engine via images & also check as Nutty says on audiforum.us, do your research.