1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 B7 Front Suspension Knocking/Clonking

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Audiholic, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Audiholic

Audiholic New Member

[Sep 9, 2012]
    HELP!!!!! My A4 has got an awful clonking on the front suspension on the nearside. I ve recently had 2 new driveshafts fitted as the originals were shot. it was clonking before i had them done, and continued afterwards. I had the suspension checked whilst it was apart but nothing was found. The noise is gradually getting worse now. Can anyone shed any light as to what it might be? Is this a common problem?? :3sadwalk: :greyrs4:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Whitty_1811_d

Whitty_1811_d New Member

[Sep 9, 2012]
    anti roll bar drop links?
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 10, 2012]
    Steering ball joint?
  5. Rheady

Rheady Member

[Sep 10, 2012]
    You sure it's not a broken spring
  6. Audiholic

Audiholic New Member

[Sep 10, 2012]
    I thought it sounds like it could be a broken spring by the sound it makes? I had the car checked out at the garage today and they said everything was tight and as it should be, which has annoyed me now cos i was hoping theyed find at least something wrong.It sounds bloody awful,and i know something isnt right with it. Looks like im gunna have to make the trip to the dreaded local audi stealership to see if they can find the fault :keule: