A4 B7 Avant Antenna system pre/post 11.06

auroan

Reaction score
Website
www.dkwracing.uk
I have a facelift B7 Avant (Post 11.06) which I've retrofitted RNS-E to. Now I knew before I did this that I may suffer on the radio reception front due to Audi switching from HF/ZF to HF/HF post 11.06.

In the Avant the antenna system is integrated into the rear side windows. Passenger side has the FM/AM system and the driver’s side has the TV.

Does anyone have any experience in downgrading the HF/HF system in an Avant to the HF/ZF ? What I'm hoping is that the antenna amp module is the only bit I have to change. I haven't had my boot in bits yet, but I believe (from info I've found on audiforums.us) I need to replace 8E9035225AG with 8E9035225AF

The other option is a "bodge" by putting in a golf unit to do the conversion. (which I'd prefer not to do).

I think doing this downgrade in the saloon is a lot harder as the connections to the module are via pads bonded to the rear screen.... (which needs a different screen when doing the change) whereas the ones in the Avant are a cabled connector.

Did you get anywhere with this?

Is the radio reception ok? I've got the same base car as you but with less options! Radio is terrible on my standard symphony 2.

Cheers Chris