1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 B7 1.8T Lumpy/Rough idling like a tractor after injector change!!

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by 88mu88, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 88mu88

88mu88 Member

Hi

I have just installed the 386 cc injectors into my 2006 A4 1.8T, the car was running great with the stage one software, but I got greedy and wanted for more, I changed the injectors and re-pressurised the fuel rail, when the car started, it is really rough and lumpy, it goes like vom..vom..vom..vom constantly for 30 seconds and then I switch it off to prevent any damages, which the engine speed very unstable, seems like someone who was revving it on the starting grid :faint:

I was thinking it has to be related with the ECU not adapting to the new injector, or one of the injectors is defect, or I haven't connect the harness on properly.

Any idea or contribution will be greatly appreciated, I thank you all for viewing and those who helped out!! :icon_thumright:
  2. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

Have you had the fault codes read?
  3. 88mu88

88mu88 Member

i dont have a vag com so did not log anything, ive searched around and it seems like that will be the case if the ecu is not flashed with the install.

am i right on this?
  4. d4dubs

d4dubs New Member

Check the coil pack is in correctly