1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 B6 VAG-Com help

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by G4JSG, Oct 31, 2008.

1. G4JSG

G4JSG Gotcha!!! VCDS Map User

[Oct 31, 2008]
    I have got all the bits and ready to fit cruise control and aslo try and alter the door locking system

The cruise fitting instructions start with "Select Coding. Enter the correct coding for your car" I'm stuck here. where do I get the coding form my car? I have done an auto read of the fault codes so I have all the info from that, where do I find my cars coding on that info? Is it the top line that just says "coding: 11501" ???

The next question is I want to set my door locks to auto lock as I drive off and then for the drivers door to opne ONLY when I press the unlock button once on my remote and then all dorrs to open with 2 presses of the unlock button.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    John
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Oct 31, 2008]
    You'll need to excuse me but I don't know what age range the A4 B6 is. If your car uses long coding for the ECU then press coding and follow the long coding helper and place a tick in the box marked Cruise Control. If yours doesn't use long coding then normally it's a login which is 11463 and should be entered via 11 (Log In).

You may also need to code the steering controller if fitted, but again this depends on the age of the car.

Again the door locking will depend on the age and controllers fitted, older ones is normally via an adaption channel, newer use long coding.

Perhaps post up an Autoscan for us to look at.
  4. G4JSG

G4JSG Gotcha!!! VCDS Map User

[Oct 31, 2008]
    My car is a 2001, on the changeover new shape. I'll try and get a new auto scan and upload it here tomorrow.

Thanks
    John
  5. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

[Oct 31, 2008]
    Been thinking about this, given that you said the controller coding is short coding (15011) then you would need the 11463 login procedure. You'll know when it's worked as you'll get a fault code relating to Cruise and also the decription of the Engine ECU will contain something like G0000SG as opposed to 00000SG.

Feel free to post up an autoscan so we can see the part numbers of the controllers you have.