A4 B6 TDI info needed

Jules

Reaction score
Hi i would like to buy a new audi a4 TDI budget of about 5k, What models came with the chrome window surrounds, rear spolier and side skirts?

My b5 has just passed 200k and is still going strong just want to get a newer model, can you give me any pointers on what to avoid etc

Last edited:
Skirts/Spoilers etc generally come with either sport or s-line models, there was the option of adding a "votex" kit from Audi as well, as for chrome trim around windows and other stuff all on the optional extras list I asume so depends on what someone wanted when ordering...my car came fully loaded but the numpty who spec'd it up left off the interior lighting extras and heated seats but added just about everything else!!

Hmm, seems my 'SE' should have bodycoloured plastic parts, which it doesn't. What does that tell me? Ignorance is bliss, probably.

No B6's came with colour coded lowers as standard until late 2003, the same time the Gmbh kit was fitted to Sport models.

Only the S-Lines came with a rear spoiler (I think) as standard. Sport models from 2003 on came with the deeper Gmbh style front and shaped rear valance. Models specced with the Votex kit came with side skirts, but they're the only models that did.

Chrome or black window trim seems pretty random, luck of the draw that one really.

As James said, up until late 2003 (when they started doing the run out models prior to the B7 arriving) no cars would have had any colour coded lowers/spoilers/s-line trim. If I remember correctly the votex kit was an option from early 2002. Chrome trims were standard on SE and sport models to identify them from standard cars.