A4 B6 Engine Undertray Cover Advise - SNOW

B79MJW

Reaction score
Guys;

My A4 Avant is slammed; Since Ive been driving it in the foot deep snow I have managed to snap one of the rear cooling flaps; reversing into deep snow. The car performed fine but I think its days are numbered and will need replacing. Now it hangs down to the rear. I jacked it up and cut the problematic bit off however this is a temp fix.

Now can i just remove it; it looks to me to be connected to the front arches? Or should I replace it. Anyone know how much they are - being audi it will be like £200 notes I bet.

What are the risks of ditching it. Just Dirt?

My Mk4 GTI Anniversary had this issue also up in County Durham the snow where I live it like a foot deep! I ended up removing it but it was easier that the A4's to remove completely.....

Apart from that she's great in the snow.

Cheers
Mark.

My undertray lives in the shed, simply because I change the engine oil every 2 to 3k miles and can't be arsked with keep removing and re-fitting !

my undertray is in the boot in about 5 bids due to the snow.If you want to save it get it off as they just collect the snow then come off.

Cheers Guys; If I remove it do I put the fixings back in to secure where it meets the front arch?

Mark.

Also remove the gear-box tray or it will get ripped of at speed, that or the weather !!!

min came off today and turned my A4 into a nice snow. I live in Durham to and the snow is a joke where i am its about a foot deep. my tray i now in about 3-4 pieces in my brother in-laws gardenplow

Mate im in Pelton Chester Le Street; and as you know its like a Foot and some.

I've just spent two hours pushing cars up the front street.

Mines Non Quattro but Ive only been stuck once. I always have a spade in the boot. The coilovers arn't the problem its the ****** 19"s. Although i shod them in 225/35/19 Sesstana Vredstein Rubber last week so the grip is a million times better than last winter. Great Tyres. In fact mine has been out everyday and the Wifes mini on 17" run flats had to stay at her work over night as it was just dangerous to drive it. I had to take her into work this morning.

havnt been stuck and we have now had min 12inch of snow, quattro is great, although i have ripped both undertrays to pieces. gutted

Snow isn't that bad where I am in South Derbyshire however had to travel to North Notts for client visit on Thursday and it was over a foot deep on the back roads! Quattro is awsome in these conditions, got some very evil looks as I ploughed up a hill where about 3 cars and a van where stuck!

Only problem being I forgot that my car is in fact a car and doesn't have the ground clearence needed for this type of weather! So, had to visit my local indy to get it on the ramp to knock the compacted ice out from the engine tray...there must of been about 30 litres worth!!

Ypu would think I'd learnd my lession...snowed here overnight so might nip out in a bit ;)

Last edited: