A4 B6 Avant

dubboy2707

Reaction score
So here is my B6 100bhp LOL Avant 2002

So to keep it short i am back in a Audi. Having had my previous car written off by some crazy person at a junction a week after new year the search came for a new motor. Having spent what felt like a life time looking for a new car when actually it was only 2 weeks my time with the insurance hire car was coming to an end and i needed wheels asap.
A good friend of mine answered a Facebook post i had put up saying that his dad was selling his B6 and would i be interested. Knowing the family for the best part of my life and know what his dad is like with cars and how well looked after they have always been i said i would come and have a look. Turns out he has had the B6 for 12 years and done approx 140k in the car. It had been used as a second car for the whole family for the last few years and never missed a beat. So a deal was done for a very standard and original 1.9tdi 100bhp SE avant with 218000 miles on the clock. I was going to look for a much new car this time but liked the way this drove etc. It had a few bits that needed attention and a few changes that i wanted to do but a good basis. So plans for the ca.r. Being a SE it is very high. It came on standard 15" wheel which were changed for 17" sports the day i got it home. It has a very saggy *** at the moment due to the rear shocker having 220 k on them so that needs addressing> i am looking to put shocks all round and a set of -30mm springs on it to give it a little more lowers but still be a nice daily drive. The wheels are in need of a refurb and both front wings could do with changing. Got my self some cheap cross bars from eBay to get me going and progress from there. added HIDs and a front spoiler

Here some picture

when i first went to look at it (sorry the only pic i had)

1st week

Holiday duties this weekend

Let me know what you think and any ideas for improvement etc.

Thanks for looking

You will get lots of inspiration from Avant owners here,firstly for me is loose the black rings!! I'm all for no chrome but be proud of the badge, black rings just get lost in the grill. My own opinion you understand. Have a good look through the "'post your pics "'sticky where you will come across lots of ideas.

Reactions: dubboy2707
You will get lots of inspiration from Avant owners here,firstly for me is loose the black rings!! I'm all for no chrome but be proud of the badge, black rings just get lost in the grill. My own opinion you understand. Have a good look through the "'post your pics "'sticky where you will come across lots of ideas.

I have been thinking the same. I did the grille as soon as I got it as hated all the chrome at the front but do agree the rings do look lost.

Ordered my springs and shocks this morning so hopefully going to get them on this weekend then maybe start looking for some 18s

Mattyboy is right about the rings,I would put them to chrome too. I would have a good look in this section for ideas and then decided how much you want to spend. Front spoiler I would try and find a GmbH/slime front bumper or the full kit but these can be expensive and hard to find. As for HID's they make a big difference,just read up on here first as some have had problems with them or try LED's like some are doing now. They are lot of mods and retro fits you can do to your b6 so have fun.

Reactions: mattyboyc and dubboy2707
Mattyboy is right about the rings,I would put them to chrome too. I would have a good look in this section for ideas and then decided how much you want to spend. Front spoiler I would try and find a GmbH/slime front bumper or the full kit but these can be expensive and hard to find. As for HID's they make a big difference,just read up on here first as some have had problems with them or try LED's like some are doing now. They are lot of mods and retro fits you can do to your b6 so have fun.

I think looking at picture today the rings definitely need to be chrome again. Only Plasti pip so will get peeling tonight.
I really want a GmbH front bumper but they are soooo expensive. I had heard of somewhere that does replica / non gen ones but haven't had the time to search as yet. Not sure if I want to paint the lower halves as quite like the contrast. I had the warning light issue with the HIDs so I re wired the earth to the NS headlamp and it has been all ok since. Wanting to remove the DRLs from the front bumper also as don't really like them but they do stay on when the ignition is switched off for 20 seconds which is good for return to home lights as I live in the middle of nowhere.
I wasn't looking at doing anything to it when I bought it I was just going to run it for a while and get something else in the summer but I really like it now. Defiantly going to get the springs on and see if I want to put some other wheels on from there. I like OEM+. Half tinted the rear lights with film last night in the clear sections makes a massive difference to the look of the rear. Want to get the rear windows re tinted as have been done by the previous owner and coming away.

The big problem now is parts like bumpers and many trim parts are becoming more and more expensive and illuusive, by the time you add up what you are going to spend there will be one for sale with everything on your wish list done for not much money, this is the main reason I have kept mine although I did buy a Merc last summer as the main car but still much prefer my B6.

Reactions: Welshquattro, dubboy2707 and DieselJake
Same reason I can't ever sell mine as it's worth more in parts haha.

The big problem now is parts like bumpers and many trim parts are becoming more and more expensive and illuusive, by the time you add up what you are going to spend there will be one for sale with everything on your wish list done for not much money, this is the main reason I have kept mine although I did buy a Merc last summer as the main car but still much prefer my B6.

Yeah there is that and for what I paid for the car it is never going to owe me any money. I think I will just keep my eyes out and see what I get. I am happy to stick with the standard bumper etc after it is lowered should look a lot nicer. See what it looks like on the 17s and if it needs some bigger wheels look at getting some 18s.

To be honest I would keep that money and put it towards a genuine GMBH bumper you know it will fit, you could also fit a Cuppra R splitter to your standard bumper, that will give it a nicer look. I'm sure someone can supply you a picture.

Reactions: dubboy2707 and Welshquattro
Only thing I would say about non OEM bumpers is most don't fit to well. If your not in a rush then keep a eye on eBay and you might get a bargain and also a good place to find things to retro fit to yours. Have a look at a seat cupra splitter as I think it may well fit your bumper with a little work as Mattyboy has said

Here you go, a quick search and I have found James's old B6, I'm sure he won't mind me using the picture.

IMG 4692

To be honest I would keep that money and put it towards a genuine GMBH bumper you know it will fit, you could also fit a Cuppra R splitter to your standard bumper, that will give it a nicer look. I'm sure someone can supply you a picture.

I have a Cupra R Splitter already fitted to my standard front bumper which i like

Reactions: mattyboyc