A4 b6 avant water leak!!!

Patrick Evans

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum, any help would be appreciated,

I have a a4 b6 avant sport, I've had a water leak for a while now, after not driving it for 2 months over Christmas I have a look inside an it's all moldy, I've had in professionaly valeted, striped ect dehumidifier inside, an got 4 litres of water out! Scutter panel ect has all been done an the drain holes unblocked, they are currently bone dry even though we have had rain here, but I've had a feel an the front passenger and rear passenger side floors are both damp again! Ive searched the net but can't find anything but the grommets at the scutter panel, please if anyone has answers or ideas let me know.
Thanks in advance
Paddy

I think Ross, when he was here, he found that there is a seal around the heater housing that lets water pass into the cabin near the cabin filter!

Hi, thanks does that area have the chance to hold alot of water, it was all bone dry last week, so it's got to be coming in a "easy" way

I think the pollen filter could be to blame if its not fitted tight.Also the avant washer line can be suspect if you havent got a really strong jet there might a leak

What about the door? I had serious leakage in a Mondeo which turned out to be the plastic sheeting which was behind the door card. It had been damaged at some point and not replaced properly.

Hi, changed the pollen filter, as the was wet! But that parts all bone dry now, hopefully get it on some ramps this week, to have a look everywhere, need some ideas where to look though, my washers are fine on the front but the back one doesn't work.... It hasn't in the 4 years I've used it anyway, but I use berry scent in the washer bottle so if it was that in the car I'd be able to smell all the time inside? It's really puzzling lol :/

Hi cheers I read through that last night gonna have another look today, I've also messaged ross as we live pretty close :)

Reactions: Welshquattro
I had this, and it was the condensation pipe for my air con which was clogged up and water was just dropping out of the unit and through the hole by the glovebox.

Had to take apart the trim on the door shut and some of the underside of the dash to pull the carpet up so I could access the pipe which runs down the side of the centre console on the passenger side.

Hopefully that makes sense to you?

Dan