1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 B5 Rear Shock Absorbers

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_Donald_MacIver, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Just a quick question. Are the rear shocks on a 1.8T sport shorter than those of a standard height car i.e. 1.8/1.9tdi?

I have sust fitted lowering springs to my car, and the front has dropped a good 40mm but the rear is heigher than with the standard springs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

springs need to be bedded in properly. Not too sure as to why the rear is higher than standard. Have you checked that the new springs are defo shorter than the old ones?
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i think quattro and fwd are different, thats all. I bet they are Eibach springs arnt they??
  4. Springs are GSF brand, exactly the same as were fitted to my other A4, which droped the rear nicely. The springs are definately shorter than the standard springs, but the rear is definately higher than the standard height. Do the non quattro sport models have lowered suspension as standard?