A4 b5 avant 18 inch BMW alloys????

Andy avant b5

Reaction score
Hi a bit random but am after some alloys for my avant always really like the m5 alloys from the e39 does anyone know if they would fit I know I need adapters they are 8.5jhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263386394019

Last edited:
Unfortunately they won’t fit mate as there 5x120 the Audi is 5x112. Nice wheels though. You could probably get some reps that would fit?

I know that mate can get some adapters to turn it from 5x112 to 5x120 just worried they may be to wide with the adapters

With the adapters it makes it just under 9j has anyone run 9j on a a4 b5

the offset is your problem, not the width.

An adaptor will be around 20mm thick, which reduces the offset by 20mm. Those BMW wheels probably already have a fairly low offset, and by the time the spacers are added it will be far too low.

The offset is 40 which with an adapter would make it 20 ??

BMW wheels are notorious for cracking, don't get me wrong they look alright but they're notorious headache wheels, I've had a set which have cracked in the past and they were an absolute nightmare, once wheels crack once they end up cracking in another area and another area and another area too, lost about 6 £100+ tyres and had a fair few welds before giving up and buying a new set (bit of a wheel whore here :playful: best not counting how much I've spent on wheels).

RS6 style 19" wheels would look the dogs danglies on yours (and I happen to be selling a set)

IMG_20170817_172356.jpg

8J ET45 5x112 with 235/35/19 tyres bought brand new new a year ago, no buckles, cracks or any nasties other than some minor curb rash £375

Hi mate thanks for your advice and your alloys are nice but 19s are just too big for me

All legal far as I know, plenty of meat on the two and the other ones should be good for about a year.

Drop us a pm.

Nice one mate, I’m a bit torn because I want new wheels but I also need new tyres and can’t afford both lol if there was more tread on those I’d bite your arm off mate.

No worries, not sure if it shows well in pictures but there's enough meat to last a year easy, no rush to get shot of them anyway as I'm often tempted to have them back on the car haha :happy: just the post Christmas lack of funds (and excessive number of wheels) vibes getting to me.

Lol fair enough mate. I know who to ask though when I’m ready to get some :welcoming:.

Reactions: DieselJake
I am after some new alloys don't really know what looks good on the avant and what doesn't any options pics what does people think looks good??

I am going to roll my arches has anyone else fitted BMW alloys

ET20 and 8J might just about work on the rear, i suspect it wont on the front though.

I guess get the thinnest adaptors you can find. You might be able to find some 15mm ones.

OK that could be a problem but I don't think they are real anyway

yeh, so they might be fine. Most BMW's are 72.5mm. E39's are 74.1mm. So if they are E39 fitment, they will go on, but you'll need a spigot ring to properly centre the wheel.

OK cool thanks might go round and ask if I can test fit first