1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 B5 AFN Boost problems

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by BILKO1, May 4, 2009.

1. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

[May 4, 2009]
    Hi been reading these forums for hours trying to find a cure for a lack of power in my A4. The symptoms point to a vane problem in the turbo but these are moving freely along with the actuator. Over the last year i have had a new N75 valve and new MAF sensor both genuine Audi parts. All the vacuum pipes have been replaced including the one in the ecu. I have borrowed a snap on scanner and got the following codes
    00519 MAP Sensor - Out of Range -G71
    00553 Mass Air Flow Sensor -G70
    00575 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor

I'm i right in thinking the MAP sensor in the ecu is faulty or could another componant cause these codes?

What happens is if i floor the throttle in 1st and 2nd on so on the engine pulls/boosts fine but if i try to accelerate from say 2000rpm in 3rd the engine get to 3200 rpm hesitates slightly then goes limp home, if i flick the ignition on/off quickly the power comes back until i labour the engine again. HELP PLEASE i'm pulling my hair out (whats left)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[May 4, 2009]
    Definatly an overboost issue, i have same issue at the moment, tho i'm pretty sure mine is the N75, i have a boost guage tho so i know whats going on.

Ur MAP sensor may be faulty, as u've changed everything else and i've heard they can go, a boost guage would help verify this.
  4. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

[May 4, 2009]
    Thanks for the reply:) i can use the scanner in live reading mode to read the boost pressure, what am i looking for in psi?
  5. evomaster3000

evomaster3000 Member

[May 5, 2009]
    around 18psi maximum. usually 12-15 i'd say, been a while since mine was boosting normally, but 20+psi is too much for stock turbo and MAP

Tho if ur MAP sensor is out it will send a higher reading than actual, which will give a false reading.
  6. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

[May 5, 2009]
    I'm getting 24psi under load in 3rd gear up a hill:( need to get a standalone boost gauge now to see if the map sensor is telling the truth.