A4 B5 18's and COILOVERS??

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Anyone running an A4 B5 on 18's and Coilovers?
Would like to see some piccies to get some idea of what mine will sit like.
Be interesting to know what "drop" you've got them set at too.:icon_thumright:

This is mine on 45mm front 35mm rear springs

onsprings.jpg

This is on fk coilovers with about 100mm all around

front.jpg

back.jpg

looks good on FK's....have ordered some highsports, just waiting for them to arrive

my old t-sport on spax rsx coilovers.
down about 60mm on 18 rs6s 8.5 wide
Image114.jpg

cal1470 said:
looks good on FK's....have ordered some highsports, just waiting for them to arrive

That's what i've got, really pleased with them. Transformed the car.

Do the Highsports have height adjustment marks or do you just guess???

You have to guess lol. But mine worked out first time. How much did you pay for yours?

430 inc vat but paid extra 15 for quicker delivery.... should be getting them middle to late this week. From what i can see thats a very good price......please dont tell me if im wrong...lol

I paid £436 inc vat an postage so about the same. Well worth the money. Where were yours from?

Performance Solutions in Northampton. One of the organisers of Edition 38 put me in contact with him.

I have KW coilovers and 17's, still trying to find the 18's I want.
curtis11 - did you have any trouble with 8.5J wheels?

Hey Random, did you or do you have any rubbing issues being dropped by 100mm?
I like the way yours sits:thumbsup: but wanted to wind it right down for shows and photoshoots! :hubbahubba:

It rubs on the back with 5 people in the car and on the front if i turn into a corner too hard but it's not too bad. I'd like to have it a bit lower at the front but i scrape on those little yellow and black speed bumps so i better not.

Mines so high at the moment that the Air is thinner at that altitude!

Cant wait to get it dropped.

BTW Whats the rear spoiler off?:readit:

Lol yea mine looked like an off roader even with lowering springs. The spoilers from a bmw m3 e46 shape, heated up an moulded to fit.

this is mine,

philipscar.jpg

philipscar2.jpg

Lowered lots on fk silverlines (basically highsports with the 50 quid stainless steel option)

Wheels are 8.5x18 front (rolled front arch lip and reshaped wheel arch liner

Rears are 9.5x18 with standard arches

The pic in my sig is whenit was 10 mm lower with different wheels...

How did you guys get the mm settings?

Is it a measurement from the centre of the hub to the wheel arch?

Is there a lot of trial and error farting around? ie Adjust, Measure, Wheel on, Off Jack, Measure, On Jack, Wheel Off, Adjust blah blah blah?

All i did was set the coilovers in between the bottom and half height, so wound down just about about 3/4s of the way, drove around a week measured centre of wheel to arch and levelled it out, then lowered it more later on.

Thats the troble with coilovers you always want to go that bit lower !

I got my mate to do mine while i was at work :)

The only reason i know it's 100mm is because i parked my dads old a4 next to it then measured from the centre of the wheel to the arch.

PhilR said:
Thats the troble with coilovers you always want to go that bit lower !

Yeah thats what scares me..lol
Both yours and Random's cars look right and thats how i'll probably have mine for everyday use, but i wanted it lower than a snakes ballbag for shows etc.

Getting it slammed right down depends what wheels you are going to run, i was on 8x18 with a high offsdet (48) before and i was about 5-10mm lower than i am now

I went for some new rims for a better overall stance (lower offset and 0.5 and 1.54inch wider respectively) even though i knew it would mean raising the car slightly.

Its wierd the 5 or so mm it is higher now has made it a lot better to get places, for instnce i no longer catch on the speedbumps at work and i can even get in the local multi storey now. That said i still want to get some narrower tyres for the front so i can wind it back down !!!!

You will find that you will struggle to get it any lower than mine was before because the front upper arms will hit the strut tower, (mine has nice dints on both towers) Unless you run a bigger bumpstop to stop it at which point you will constantly be hittin the bumpstiop

I'm sure i'll be pleased with it once its done but your right in what you say about always wanting more! (Lower, Faster, Bigger and Better)
Im running 8x18's with a 42 offset so i'm hoping everything should tuck nicely.

What did you do with your old wheels Phil? I am lusting after after a set of monoblocks.

johnie72 said:
What did you do with your old wheels Phil? I am lusting after after a set of monoblocks.

I could have sold these 100 times over since changing my rims but im keeping them them for my next project, a T4 Van !

HOOOOOOORRRRAYY.....the coilovers are on!

Huge shout to Jimbo :superman:and Nick :superman: @ Northampton Audi for sticking them on for me.:anbet: Car looks and handles a billion times better now.

I think it still needs to settle and bed down but already it catches on the speed bumps getting into my estate. :mad:

Will post some pics when its cleaned.

17032007033.jpg

Mine on FKs and 18's this was after i lifted her very slightly, i found more places accessable with just that little rise. Also the ride and handling improved to boot.

I've fk's too, doesn't rub with 4 people in it even on 19s this low! I did roll the fronts slightly but the rear is totally standard.

Cheers dude, think i want it lower but common sense and speed bumps say otherwise. I could go lower but really dont want to be restricted on where i go with it. What ya think of the overall stance?

I'm still bedding it in but the journey home was good, apart from the last bit where there are 6 ******* speed bumps. Hmmmm must turn those exhaust clamps 90 degrees!! lol