A4 B5 1.8tqs rear brake calipers

Topplumb1

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for both the rear brake calipers, average price and the best place to purchase from, as mine are part seized and I'm looking to replace.

Vag cat isn't working right now but if you google for a replacement it comes up. It is harder to use but you can get there in the end. There is one breaker on ebay that came up trumps for me but cd components works out about £180 . Allroad rear calipers worked out for me for a 00 1.8t c5 Quattro.

last ones i bought were about £60ish for new units from brakes international. Just use their online lookup thing.

That's not bad. I got mine through km parts on ebay. The first set were a bit off and needed returned at my cost for return postage so not perfect but got there in the end.

If you're looking to replace why not just upgrade. I have a set of b5 s4 rear brakes. You get a bigger vented rotor and fresh caliper. Pm me if you're interested

Thanks for the info guys - currently have a quote from GSF £97.20 each with a £50.00 surcharge so the total is around £350.00 !

Ooooo, that just brought tears to my eyes and not even the one paying for it. There must be a few different sizes in the b5 s4 rear discs, is there.? I've seen 245 and 255mm solid but haven't come across the vented. What's the crack with them?

Thanks for all in the info and everyone involved on this - Brakeparts it is I think as the calipers are pretty seized and corroded on close inspection last time I looked a few days ago, not driving the car very much only a couple of miles every other day as I can feel the brakes binding at the back, mot is due in the middle of feb.