A4 Avant

Cannonz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some info, Having just purchased a new 60plate A4 Avant (which i customzised to my personal spec)
I don't pick it up until Friday i thought i would ask the garage to order me in a AMI cable for my i-pod but i've now been told that mine doesn't have an AMI interface which i thought was strange considering i spent an additional £500 for the B&O sound pack :(
I've been told that it does have a jack plug input but i really wanted to control it without fumbling around with my other hand, I was also told that it does have an SD card input for music can anyone shed any light on this interface and what format it uses do i just store MP3's to an SD card and plug and play.?

Any info plz.

This is the B5 section 1995 to 2001 Model A4.

I'm not sure what a 60plate is, but as you said B&O sound system then it would have to be a B8 A4. Even with you ordering the car with B&O it's does not mean you get AMI. You could get AMI retrofitted but that is going to cost more than the list price on the brochure (£350 - £400 at a guess). In respect to the SD card slot, you just need to by SD cards and chuck your music on them, it is plug & play but you do have to use standard MP3 format.

Thanks for the info sorry i thought i was in the right forum when i seen A4

There are now 4 different models of A4 B5, B6, B7, and the current model being a B8