1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Avant

Cannonz Sep 7, 2010

1. Cannonz

Cannonz New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some info, Having just purchased a new 60plate A4 Avant (which i customzised to my personal spec)
    I don't pick it up until Friday i thought i would ask the garage to order me in a AMI cable for my i-pod but i've now been told that mine doesn't have an AMI interface which i thought was strange considering i spent an additional £500 for the B&O sound pack :(
    I've been told that it does have a jack plug input but i really wanted to control it without fumbling around with my other hand, I was also told that it does have an SD card input for music can anyone shed any light on this interface and what format it uses do i just store MP3's to an SD card and plug and play.?

Any info plz.

2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

This is the B5 section 1995 to 2001 Model A4.

I'm not sure what a 60plate is, but as you said B&O sound system then it would have to be a B8 A4. Even with you ordering the car with B&O it's does not mean you get AMI. You could get AMI retrofitted but that is going to cost more than the list price on the brochure (£350 - £400 at a guess). In respect to the SD card slot, you just need to by SD cards and chuck your music on them, it is plug & play but you do have to use standard MP3 format.

3. Cannonz

Cannonz New Member

Thanks for the info sorry i thought i was in the right forum when i seen A4

4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

There are now 4 different models of A4 B5, B6, B7, and the current model being a B8