1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a4 avant wheel help

the jammy one Jan 10, 2011

1. the jammy one

the jammy one Member

hi again all right where to begin.:huh: i have an a4 avant b6 with b7 sline front end. after lots of time decideing what wheels to change to i have finally took the gamble thing is it turned out to be a bad choice:tapedshut: ive changed my standard alloys for a set of 17 inch sports similar to rs6 wheels as i realy liked them. thing is once car back on floor stood back and still not happy:crying: for some reason they still look to small so im back at square one what wheels do i put on that lok good and will fill those mahooosive arches:ermm: i dont think it helps being the avant as its dead long. i dont want to go to big as then tyres end up being daft money. so any ideas and or pics wouldbe greatly appriviated many thanks again.:thumbsup:
    also now have originals and the sports for sale both sets of 5 if any1 intrested??​

2. Yappy

Yappy A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport

Go for some rs4 or rs6 18's and drop it on some springs or some coilovers job done with a 45 profile tyre will look ace mate that's what I'm after or a set of bbs ch in 18 inch will look the
    titts:thumbsup:

3. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

as above

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You'll want 40 profile tyres, 235/40 x 18 will match your existing wheel's rolling radius.

5. silversurfer

silversurfer Member

6. holmefield

holmefield Member

35 series tyres will give you a nice rubber band look and there nowhere near as hard a ride as people make out.

7. C17LJR

C17LJR Member VCDS Map User

if the wheels look lost in the arch now, it'll look a whole lot worse going with a 35 profile. best to stick with a 40 on the a4 as theyre big cars.

as for your car/wheels not being as you'd expected, have you lowered it? that'll make a hell of a difference.

have a look at my thread, you can see the difference between standard sport suspension on 18" wheels against same wheels with coilovers fitted (maybe a bit too low for some?)

hope that helps, carl

8. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I sent you a pm jay01704, I currently have my 4 week old 18" brabus alloys for sale which have virtually brand new 7mm tread michelin pilot sport 3 tyres on them, you may be interested?