1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 avant triangle cover screw

Discussion in 'Parts Requests' started by Widemonkeys, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Widemonkeys

Widemonkeys 1st Gear

[Dec 10, 2011]
    I am just wondering whether you could help please. My wing screw has broken on my triangle cover flap on my 2002 A4 avant.if this is the correct part number 8E9860333 how much is it and how much for delivery? Also how can I pay

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. stoke_audi

stoke_audi Active Member

[Dec 12, 2011]
    Hi

there is actually 2 different fixings for this
    if you pm me chassis number will supply correct one

Dave
  4. Widemonkeys

Widemonkeys 1st Gear

[Jan 9, 2012]
    It's not the one that holds the triangle it's the flap on the boot that hides the triangle.

Cheers
  5. drflr

drflr New Member

[Jan 11, 2012]
    Hi,
    I just got a B6 avant (2005) 2 months ago and had the same problem. I'm in the US and dealer price for this item is $30. I didn't want to pay that much money for an item that was just going to break again, so I created a mold from the OEM part. Before casting, I epoxied the broken tab back together and added material at the break point to beef up the rigidity in the weak spot. Then I used fiberglass reinforced polyurethane for the material to further increase the stregth of the part overall. Not sure what replacement cost is in the UK but PM me if you're interested in this improved part. See pics below. In the side view you can see the larger radius from the larger radius where the weak OEM part snaps.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

matt