1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Avant towbar fitting woe.....URGENT

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by S4_dan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

Hi guys,

Half way through fitting my new towbar onto the Avant and hit a bit of an issue. I've removed the old inner bumper bar, but when I slide in the new Bosal tow bar it's too long! It hits a plastic bung/plate that has been sealed inside the tube/tunnel that the bar slides into.

It's definitely the right towbar judging by part numbers etc.

Do I have to remove the plastic bung/plate thing? Surely that is there to prevent water running right through the tube/tunnel?

Also, Are these Audi's partially pre-wired for the electrics? I can't find any 'surplus' wires to join to.

Cheers,

Dan
  2. bradh

bradh Active Member

I can't help with this but do u have to cut ur bumper to fit the tow bar any chance of a couple of pics as I want to get one fitted so I can carry bikes in tow bar mounted rack
  3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

AFAIK Audi only do 2 types of pre-wiring for options not fitted at the factory:
    - heated door mirrors
    - satellite radio on US cars
  4. S4_dan

I've managed to join into the original lamp wiring, all ok now. Cheers.

Mine is a Swan Neck towbar, so not sure if you can get bike racks for them?
    Yes there is a small cut required but it's not visible. Will take pics as i go along.

Cheers.
  5. S4_dan

Towbar is now on the car. The plastic plates need to be removed for fitting of this Bosal towbar (034601) as this particular towbar is for B6 & B7 platforms.

Dan
  6. bradh

bradh Active Member

If u could take a pic of the cut that would be awesome cheers
  7. S4_dan

I forgot to take a pic i'm afraid. Will get underneath with the camera today and get a snap-shop.

The cut out area was 2" x 1.5"..... at the very bottom of the valance. The cut is invisible and small. It is just the base of the neck that fouls the valance base.

Dan