1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Avant TDI Sport

steve wallace Dec 1, 2013

1. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Guys I think for now, until Steve announces (if) he is breaking the car it would be decent to withhold the parts requests?

Subtle. No "Sorry to hear about this" or anything to precede it to lessen the blow a little?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    AudiNutta likes this.
  2. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member

Bloody vultures the lot of us haha, glad to hear everyone was ok and hope insurance works out.

Pahaha surely that's a bad thing, would choose having it deploy over kissing it with my skull.

3. haytch75

haytch75 Member

The point I was making was that at least Steve wasn't injured.......and the airbags would have deployed if the impact was hard enough to trigger their sensors.

4. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member

Ahhhh now that makes sense, sorry thought you meant money with the pound symbols.

5. steve wallace

steve wallace Member

airbags wont go off if your traveling below a certain speed though
    and since I was nearly stopped as I was approaching a junction they would of never gone off
    gunna ring his insurance company again tomorrow and chase it up.
    ive had to tax and insure my track car just so ive transport.
    driving a stripped out focus on coilovers and a noisey exhaust is no fun, as a dailey driver

6. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

So if you're stopped dead and a car hits you at 40mph the air bags won't go off? They depend purely on your own speed? I always assumed it was the rate of impact, and not your travelling speed. :(

That's crazy about the track car, bet it was fun for about 10 mins! Ha. Hope you get it sorted soon, I hated the hassle when the wife crashed mine.

7. Catcherofcarp50

Catcherofcarp50 Member

Hi there you should get your car back if you want it back normanally it's 10% of the car value I had a accident in the mondeo st220 and only the front bumper was damaged and the wing never thought they would right it off mine was going to co part the car looks like you should buy it back to good to scrap

8. ijgreer

ijgreer Member

Unlucky on the accident, especially as it wasn't your fault! Hope everything gets sorted for you!
    I would without a doubt buy that back and repair. It doesn't look like it should be written off

9. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Nano Grey Audi S3

So gutted for you mate :blownose:

Don't let them write it off, such a shame to waste a good car. I am regularly having a look through Co Part and majority are extensively damaged to the point you can't recognise them.
    Well worth buying this one back and getting the parts sorted, will be a cheap repair with second hand parts off eBay, in a matching colour.

All the best, hope you get this sorted.

10. steve wallace

steve wallace Member