1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 avant suspension question

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by MrBroon, May 29, 2006.

1. MrBroon

MrBroon Member

I've noticed when my A4 TDiQ Avant is sitting on level ground that the front of the car seems to be higher than the rear (it appears to be sitting on it's rear - if you know what I mean). It's not terribly obvious, but it's buggning me, Is this normal or a common fault, I've seen this in a few other cars on the road, not just Audi's but I've never known what the problem is?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards,

Jim.
  2. jcb

jcb Active Member

mine does a little, only if you really look hard at it. If I put anything in the back you can see the drop.

Avants are more prone to this as they will usually have had more **** put in the boot over their lives
  3. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

Visually check your springs and test your shockers. It may be they need replacing.

Press down hard on each corner of the car (be careful not to dent the bodywork tho! find a strong area!) thecar should bounce once and settle. If it bounces more than 3 times before settling then your shock absorbers are shot.

Sometimes cars do sit higher or lower at each end.
  4. MrBroon

MrBroon Member

Thanks guys, will check it later tonight.

Regards,

James.