1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a4 avant sport 1999

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by a41.8Tavantman, Oct 11, 2007.

1. a41.8Tavantman

a41.8Tavantman New Member

can anyone tell me how to reset the computer after a blown fuse.
    thanks!
  2. macattax

macattax Member

Should reset itself after your replace with new fuse and turn the ignition again.
    If not try discconecting the battery but be sure you have the code for your radio before you do this.
  3. a41.8Tavantman

must be more than a fuse. ive tried doing both. no joy! its a alternator(battery) warning light.
    thanks for the help
  4. macattax

macattax Member

So you checked the symbol in the manual then?
    If the battery is old you could try a new battery to see if it clears it up.
    If not you might need to replace the alternator in the car which is probably a garage job unless your handy with cars.
  5. a41.8Tavantman

its happened before. everytime i take the cd player out. the dashboard battery meter goes out and the warning light comes on. last time a garage said they checked everything was working,replaced a fuse and reset the computer and it was sorted. i think i must have a loose wire behind the cd player. thanks for your help!!!:icon_thumright: