a4 avant special edt 2.0 quattro. which extras?

gixer

Reaction score
hi, new to the site and audi's.
I 've never owned an audi/ driven one so looking for any advice.The car i've ordered is a s line special edition avant 2.0 220 ps
I've specced the car with the following extras and wondered if i've missed anthing that other owners would recommend,
quattro
sunroof
sat nav
i pod connection
xenons
rear priv glass
front arm rest
cruise
multi func steer wheel
bose
dimming rear mirror
mud flaps, matts,bumper protection
child seat
metallic black
I have read on this site about "colour dis" should i add this? any advice much appreciated, cheers andy

As you have ordered Sat-Nav then you will get the colour DIS for free!

Does it have full leather seats? If so then I would seriously consider adding the front heated seat option.

i'm not 100% sure if the seats are full leather, but I think they are. I missed off the list heated seats but i have actually ordered them. At least i wont have to upgade to the colour dis at a extra cost! so theres a bit of good news. thanks for the advice

1st of march get car. could have had it in feb but might as well wait a couple of weeks to put it on the new reg. just have to make do with 2 wheels between now and then. I see you have a gsxr750, great bike miss my old one (k5 750) currently using my older gsxr600 whilst without any wheels.

Lets hope the weather stays reasonable for you then, never nice riding in damp/wet conditions.

Have to get some pics up when you eventually get it.

In the mean time you'd better learn to do the Sun dance :icon_thumright:

That's a full spec. Looks good.

I went for the heated front seats, and glad that I did as the leather can get quite parky when you first get in!

The one thing that I did miss, and regret, is a reversing sensor.

yes i know what you mean about cold seats in winter.I had heated seats on my previous car a e39 5 series. they have three heat settings which was quite good.
I did think about the parking sensors but I had them on my bmw and to be honest i found them a nuisance.Every time I reversed car into garage they would go off as soon as the car enters the garage area (it would detect the pillar either side of the door) and I actually found them quite distracting rather than useful.(you can turn them off,which I did regular)
they are quite usefull elsewhere though.

Im with Steve W with the Parking Sensors. Ive already kissed a parked car 'cos I misjudged the available space (zero street lights before any1 asks!). Also, the multi-function steering wheel should be standard on the Special Editions (it was on mine, 'cos it's Alcantara).

I've also heard the iPod Connection is crap, you might wanna reconsider that.

On another note I specced the storage pack, which I'd recommend if the idiots had bothered to add it to my package :nunu: They gave me a refund for £85 instead; I'd recommend you keep a close eye on the dealer in the run-up.

thanks for the reply, yes your right the multi function steer wheel is standard on the car i'm ordering,I confused myself with my own handwriting,I had actually wrote on my wish list "HFS" for HEATED FRONT SEATS but when I looked at it recently i read it as "MFS".
I have read a few comments regarding the I pod connection and people just using an SD card instead but I think I 'll leave it on the list.(even though i havent got an i pod yet or used one ever! )
I have been in to dealer today to get a print out of the order and triple checked every thing is on that should be so hopefully all will come right on march 1 st. cheeers for now, I'm sure I think of some more questions soon

Gixer

Sound like a good spec to me!
I didn’t want to wait 12 weeks but dealer found me one that was close enough to my preferred spec.
I got:-
Quattro
Sat nav
Front arm rest with phone prep and BT.
Xenons
Rear priv glass
Heated seats
Bose (shouldn’t have bothered – sounds worst than my old non-bose system)
Lava grey (pearl)

Oh and err Diesel!!

Dealer has said he can retro-fit rear parking sensors for £400.
Just trying to get him down on – he’ll crack soon!

Deuce

Got any pix? wouldn’t mind seeing it in Daytona Grey
Would have liked that colour, but cost and delivery time put me off.

Keef said:
Gixer

Sound like a good spec to me!
I didn’t want to wait 12 weeks but dealer found me one that was close enough to my preferred spec.
I got:-
Quattro
Sat nav
Front arm rest with phone prep and BT.
Xenons
Rear priv glass
Heated seats
Bose (shouldn’t have bothered – sounds worst than my old non-bose system)
Lava grey (pearl)

Oh and err Diesel!!

Dealer has said he can retro-fit rear parking sensors for £400.
Just trying to get him down on – he’ll crack soon!

Deuce

Got any pix? wouldn’t mind seeing it in Daytona Grey
Would have liked that colour, but cost and delivery time put me off.

Since I got her I haven't taken any pics weirdly enough. Might do some this wkend, but she needs a wash so it'll be far from showcase quality if you catch my drift.