1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A4 Avant small coolant leak

tomyoud Jan 9, 2014

1. tomyoud

tomyoud New Member

Hi Guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I've just bought a 2008 1.9 TDi A4 Avant s-line. I have noticed that there is a very small leak around the thermostat housing area.

View attachment 25520

It's this metal pipe (second picture arrowed) I think which goes into where the thermostat goes and then into the heating matrix for the inside of the car. I can feel it's a little damp under the pipe and there is a small ledge for it to drip onto so there is a small amount on there.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me to fix/how much it would cost from a dealer to fix?

I don't think it's very serious at the moment because when I unscrew the expansion tank it has got lots of pressure.

Many thanks
    Tom

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I reckon a new o-ring would possibly fix this unless the pipes been damaged, if the stats been changed its possible o-ring was fitted badly, it would need removing ideally to inspect & resolve, having a spare new o-ring to fit.

3. tomyoud

tomyoud New Member

It doesn't look damaged....it's just a metal pipe. Do you know if you can just order a single o-ring for it?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes you can.